Casper Van Dien
Dec. 18th, 1968
Milton, Florida, USA
5' 9 1/2"
Casper Van Dien's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2008 - Starship Troopers 3: Marauder
2004 - What the #$*! Do We now!?
1999 - Sleepy Hollow
1999 - The Omega Code
1997 - Starship Troopers
Guest TV Roles
Lt. Steven Albright
Johnny Rico in 'Starship Troopers'
He is the 6th Casper in his family (his son is the 7th). His father was a Navy commander/pilot; both his grandfathers were in the military, one as a Marine infantryman, the other as a naval doctor. He attended Florida's Admiral Farragut Academy, graduating third in command of his class. He went to Florida State in 1988. There he became interested in acting and moved to Los Angeles. He landed many different TV series parts. "Griffin Stone" in "Beverly Hills, 90210" (1990) and "Ty Moody" in "One Life to Live" (1968). His son, Cappy Van Dien, was born in September of 1993; his daughters, Grace Van Dien, in 1996, Maya Van Dien on September 20th 2001 and Celeste Van Dien on Oct 3rd 2003. His movie credits have included the title role in James Dean: Race with Destiny (1997) (TV), the lead (Johnny Rico) in Paul Verhoeven (I)'s hit science-fiction adventure, Starship Troopers (1997). He became the 20th screen Tarzan in the Warner Bros. Village Roadshow film Tarzan and the Lost City (1998). He then starred in The Omega Code (1999) with his wife Catherine Oxenberg and the The Vector File (2002) (TV) also starring India Oxenberg. Next came Tim Burton (I)'s Sleepy Hollow (1999) with Johnny Depp.
- (November 2000) Given title "Sexiest Soap Star" from People Magazine.
- He played the trumpet for 7 years. (played the bugle for taps and reveille during boot camp for Starship Troopers)
- Was an extra in a couple of episodes of _"Saved by the Bell" (1989)_ (qv).
- Filmed some scenes as Patrick Bateman in _The Rules of Attraction (2002)_ (qv) that were cut from the final film.
- He is the 20th Tarzan.
- (20 September 2001) Daughter, 'Maya Van Dien' (qv), born in L.A.
- Dislocated his finger during a fight scene in _Sleepy Hollow (1999)_ (qv).
- 'Steven Spielberg' (qv), 'Brad Pitt' (qv), 'Christina Aguilera' (qv) and 'Casper Van Dien' (qv) all born on same day, December 18th.