Candace Cameron Bure
Apr. 6th, 1976
Panorama City, California, USA
Candace Cameron Bure's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1995 - Monster Mash: The Movie
1988 - Punchline
1987 - Some Kind of Wonderful
Guest TV Roles
Candace Cameron was the youngest of four children, born in southern California to Robert and Barbara Cameron (IV). Following in the footsteps of her TV superstar older brother Kirk Cameron (I), (who played Mike Seaver for 7 seasons on the hit show "Growing Pains" (1985)), Candace decided to pursue acting herself. She appeared in several commercials, and guest-starred on shows such as "Punky Brewster" (1984), "St. Elsewhere" (1982) and "Who's the Boss?" (1984).
In 1986, at age 10, she was cast as Donna Jo "D.J." Tanner, the eldest daughter, on "Full House" (1987). The show's eight-year run ranks it among the most successful series of all time. Candace also appeared in the films Punchline (1988) (playing Sally Field's daughter) and Some Kind of Wonderful (1987) (as Eric Stoltz' sister), as well as numerous television movies.
After "Full House" (1987) ended its run, Candace married hockey player Valeri Bure at the age of 20. They have three children. Candace continues to make appearances on "I Love the '80s" (2002), and hosted 50 Cutest Child Stars: All Grown Up (2005) (TV) on the E! network.
- Sister of 'Kirk Cameron (I)' (qv) and sister-in-law of 'Chelsea Noble (I)' (qv).
- Very first acting job was commercial for Mutual of Omaha Insurance. The commercial never aired.
- Her family is of Swiss descent.
- Spent some time in the summer of 1992 in Madrid (Spain) learning Spanish, while living with a family.
- Splits her time between Calgary, Canada and Los Angeles, CA.
- Sister of Brigette and Melissa Cameron.
- Parade Grand Marshall for the 1991 Seafair Torchlight Parade in Seattle, Washington.
- Husband 'Valeri Bure' (qv) was a star hockey player for NHL's Calgary Flames.
Related sites for this celeb