Aug. 30th, 1972
San Diego, California, USA
Cameron Diaz's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2011 - The Green Hornet
2010 - Shrek Forever After
2010 - Knight and Day
2009 - The Box
2008 - What Happens in Vegas...
2007 - Shrek The Third
2006 - The Holiday
2005 - In Her Shoes
2004 - My Date with Drew
2004 - Shrek 2
2003 - Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle
2002 - Gangs of New York
2002 - Minority Report
2002 - The Sweetest Thing
2002 - Slackers
2001 - Vanilla Sky
2001 - Shrek
2000 - Charlie's Angels
1999 - Any Given Sunday
1999 - Being John Malkovich
1998 - Very Bad Things
1998 - There's Something About Mary
1998 - Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
1997 - A Life Less Ordinary
1997 - My Best Friend's Wedding
1996 - Feeling Minnesota
1996 - Head above Water
1996 - She's the One
1995 - The Last Supper
1994 - The Mask
Guest TV Roles
A tall, strikingly attractive blue-eyed bottle blonde, Cameron Diaz was born in 1972 in San Diego. She is the daughter of Billie (Anglo-German) and Emilio Diaz (Cuban-American). Self described as "adventurous, independent and a tough kid," Cameron left home at 16 and for the next 5 years lived in such varied locales as Japan, Australia, Mexico, Morocco, and Paris. Returning to California at the age of 21, she was working as a model when she auditioned for a part in The Mask (1994). To her amazement and despite having no previous acting experience, she was cast as the female lead in the film opposite Jim Carrey. Over the next 3 years, she honed her acting skills in such low budget independent films as The Last Supper (1995); Feeling Minnesota (1996); and Head Above Water (1996). She returned to main stream films in My Best Friend's Wedding (1997), in which she held her own against veteran actress Julia Roberts (I). She earned full fledged star status in 1998 for her performance in the box office smash There's Something About Mary (1998). With her name near the top on virtually every list of Hollyood's sexiest actresses, and firmly established as one of filmdom's hottest properties and most sought after actresses, Cameron Diaz appears to possess everything necessary to become one of the super stars of the new century.
- (September 2002) Voted the 11th "Sexiest Female Movie Star" in the Australian Empire Magazine.
- Named #47 on Empire Magazine's 100 Sexiest Movie Stars. (2007).
- Said that her role in _Gangs of New York (2002)_ (qv) marked the pinnacle of her career.
- Her name is mentioned in the lyric of 'Brian Wilson (I)' (qv)'s 1998 song "South America".
- Has an older sister, Chimene; they also have a brother.
- Named #11 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2005 list.
- Ranked #26 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2008 list.
- Went to the same high school at the same time as 'Snoop Dogg' (qv).