32 (passed away Dec. 20th, 2009)
Nov. 10th, 1977
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Brittany Murphy's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Across the Hall
2006 - The Groomsmen
2006 - Love and Other Disasters
2006 - Happy Feet
2005 - Sin City
2005 - Neverwas
2004 - Little Black Book
2003 - Uptown Girls
2003 - Just Married
2003 - Good Boy!
2002 - 8 Mile
2002 - Spun
2001 - Summer Catch
2001 - Sidewalks of New York
2001 - Riding in Cars with Boys
2001 - Don't Say A Word
2000 - Cherry Falls
2000 - Trixie
1999 - Drop Dead Gorgeous
1999 - Girl, Interrupted
1998 - Phoenix
1997 - Bongwater
1996 - Freeway
1995 - Clueless
Guest TV Roles
Tank the 8th grader (Voiced)
Diane 'Dee-Dee' Carson
Herself - Host
Perhaps it was being born in Atlanta, Georgia and raised in Edison, New Jersey that bestowed Brittany Murphy with the adaptability that has allowed her to conquer a fairly prodigious amount of projects for her 25 years. Brittany first honed her acting skills in regional theater at the age of 9. By age 13, she had signed on with a manager and began appearing in television commercials. In 1991, at the age of 13, Brittany and her mother moved to Burbank, California, where she landed her first television role on the show "Blossom" (1991). This lead to a starring role on "Drexell's Class" (1991), a series that proved to be short lived. Brittany's major breakthrough film appearance was in Clueless (1995), the Emma meets "Beverly Hills, 90210" (1990) comedy, in which she starred opposite of Alicia Silverstone. She has gone on to demonstrate her versatility and talent for not only comedy but drama; Brittany was nominated for best leading female performance in the Young Artist Awards for her role in the television film David and Lisa (1998) (TV). Aside from the 25 screen appearances since her Clueless (1995) breakthrough, Brittany has lean her vocal talents, established in the early 1990s as a lead singer of her band "Blessed Soul", to the cartoon "King of the Hill" (1997) as the voice of Luanne. She now resides in Los Angeles, where she lives with her mother. Date of Death 20 December 2009, Los Angeles, California, USA
- Presenter for the 61st Golden Globes.
- Married screenwriter 'Simon Monjack' (qv) in a private Jewish ceremony (May 2007).
- Engaged to 'Joe Macaluso' (qv) over Christmas, 2005.
- Attended the following schools: Verne Fowler School of Dance, Colonia, New Jersey Herbert Hoover School, Edison, New Jersey Valley Professional School, Los Angeles, California John Burroughs High School, Los Angeles, California
- Former girlfriend of 'Ashton Kutcher' (qv)
- Her mom, Sharon, is a survivor of breast cancer.
- Sang in the opening act at the 2002 MTV Movie awards.
- In February 2000, she appeared [with _Girl, Interrupted (1999)_ (qv) costar 'Winona Ryder' (qv)] in "The Vagina Monologues," reading a chilling story of a Bosnian woman's rape camp experiences.