Dec. 2nd, 1981
Kentwood, Louisiana, USA
Britney Spears' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - Smash His Camera
2008 - Religulous
2004 - Super Size Me
2002 - Austin Powers in Goldmember
2002 - Crossroads
Guest TV Roles
Britney Jean Spears was born in rural Louisiana (Kentwood) on December 2, 1981, to Jamie and Lynne Spears. As a child, Britney attended dance classes, and she was great at gymnastics, winning many competitions and the like. But, most of all, Britney loved to sing. At age 8, Britney tried out for "MMC" (1989), but was turned down due to her young age. This directed her to an off-Broadway show, "Ruthless", for a 2-year run as the title character. At age 11, she again tried for "MMC" (1989) and this time made it as a mouseketeer along side many stars of today (Justin Timberlake and J.C. Chasez of N*Sync and Ryan Gosling (I)). Her big break, however, came when she was signed as a Jive Recording Artist in the late 90s. With the release of her debut album, "...Baby One More Time" in early 1999, Britney became an international success, selling 13 million copies of "Baby" and 9 million (as of July 2001) of her sophomore album, "Oops!...I Did It Again," released in May of 2000.
- Was signed on for a role in a film titled "In The Pink" co-starring comedians 'Wanda Sykes' (qv) and 'Tim Allen (I)' (qv), Academy Award Winner 'Cher (I)' (qv), and Academy Award Nominee 'Bette Midler' (qv). The film was scrapped after years of delay.
- 2001: Named one of E!'s "top 20 entertainers of 2001".
- First solo artist ever to have a #1 Album and single on the Billboard charts at the same time with a debut.
- 2001: Was ranked 5th of the 100 Sexiest Women by FHM Taiwan.
- Wrote a "letter of truth" to her fans which was published on her official website, telling her fans that she needed to take a hiatus from her career to concentrate on her marriage with her new husband 'Kevin Federline' (qv) and start a family with him. The move thus displeased her bosses at Jive Records.
- 2003: Accompanied 'Colin Farrell (I)' (qv) to the _S.W.A.T. (2003)_ (qv) US premiere.
- Aunt of Maddie Briann Aldridge (born June 19, 2008), her sister, 'Jamie Lynn Spears' (qv)' daughter.
- Actress 'Claudette Lali' (qv) was her wardrobe stylist.