Apr. 14th, 1960
Woodland Hills, Los Angeles, California, USA
6' 8 1/2
Brad Garrett's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - Tangled
2009 - Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian
2008 - Unstable Fables: 3 Pigs & a Baby
2007 - Underdog
2007 - Ratatouille
2007 - Music and Lyrics
2007 - Christmas Is Here Again
2006 - Asterix and the Vikings
2006 - Night at the Museum
2005 - The Moguls
2005 - The Pacifier
2004 - Garfield
2003 - Finding Nemo
2002 - Stuart Little 2
2002 - The Country Bears
1999 - Sweet and Lowdown
1998 - A Bug's Life
1997 - Suicide Kings
1996 - Spy Hard
1995 - Casper
1990 - Jetsons: The Movie
Guest TV Roles
Human Wannabe in Ratsuit (Voiced)
Standing 6 feet 8-1/2 inches tall, Garrett grew up in Woodland Hills outside of Los Angeles. His father was a hearing aid specialist working in geriatrics and his mother was a housewife. Garrett spent a whopping six weeks at UCLA before going into stand-up comedy full time. He began performing his act at various Los Angeles comedy clubs, getting his start at the Ice House in Pasadena and the Improv in Hollywood. In 1984, he became the first $100,000 grand champion winner in the comedy category of "Star Search" (1983). This led to his first appearance, at age 23, on "The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson" (1962), making him one of the youngest comedians ever to perform on the show. In 1986, Garrett told a joke the talent booker warned him against and he hasn't been on the show since. Following his "Tonight Show" appearance, Garrett's career took off, garnering him headlining gigs at several national venues as well as opening spots for legends including 'Diana Ross (I)' and 'Liza Minnelli'. He has headlined at Bally's Park Place and co-headlined with 'The Temptations' at Trump Plaza. He has also worked at The Sands Hotel in Las Vegas with 'Frank Sinatra', Caesar's Palace with 'David Copperfield (I)', and 'Smokey Robinson' , Harrah's with 'Sammy Davis Jr' and the 'The Beach Boys' , and Radio City Music Hall with 'Julio Iglesias (I)' . In 1989, the Las Vegas Review Journal named him the Best Comedian working on the strip. Changing gears, he made his way into the world of television. He struck gold with "Everybody Loves Raymond" (1996). Apart from his supporting role in sitcoms, he has also done voice-overs and appeared in a few films. In 1998, Garrett made a real-life proposal to his then real-life girlfriend, Jill Diven, on the set of "Everybody Loves Raymond" (1996). Garrett currently resides in Hollywood, California with his two Labradors, Gus and Mabel.
- In 1977 and 1978 Brad was the DJ over the Senior Lawn at ECR.
- Declined to do a spin-off with his character Robert Barone from _"Everybody Loves Raymond" (1996)_ (qv).
- He guest-starred in episode "Road Rayge" (episode # 1.9) of _"The King of Queens" (1998)_ (qv) as Robert Barone, his character from _"Everybody Loves Raymond" (1996)_ (qv).
- Daughter, Hope Violet Garrett, was born in January 2000, with ex-wife Jill Diven.
- Studied at the 'Lee Strasberg' (qv) Theater Institute.
- Attended Hale Jr. High School in Woodland Hills, California.
- Got his start when he won first prize on _"Star Search" (1983)_ (qv).
- He's heavily valued as an actor for his towering physical stature, as well as a voice-over actor for his loud, thundering and threatening voice.