Feb. 3rd, 1943
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Blythe Danner's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2011 - Paul
2010 - Little Fockers
2008 - The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2
2006 - The Last Kiss
2004 - Sylvia
2004 - Meet the Fockers
2000 - Meet the Parents
1999 - Forces of Nature
1999 - The Love Letter
1998 - The Proposition
1998 - The X-Files: Fight the Future
1997 - Mad City
1992 - Husbands and Wives
1991 - The Prince of Tides
1990 - Alice
1988 - Another Woman
1986 - Brighton Beach Memoirs
1979 - The Great Santini
1976 - Futureworld
1972 - 1776
Guest TV Roles
Dr. Angie Chafin
Isabella Stewart Gardner (Voiced)
Blythe studied acting and got her degree from Bard College and began her career in Boston theater companies. By 25, she won the Theater World Award for her work in 'Moliere''s "The Miser" at Lincoln Center. She also won the 1970 Tony award for her role in "Butterflies Are Free". She made her film premiere in the same year in the television production of Dr. Cook's Garden (1971) (TV). For 25 years, she has been a regular performer at the Williamstown Summer Theater Festival. She has also been nominated for Tonys for performances in "A Streetcar Named Desire" and "Betrayal". Married to director Bruce Paltrow, she is the mother of two acting children Gwyneth Paltrow and Jake Paltrow.
- Aunt of actress 'Katherine Moennig' (qv).
- Of German (Pennsylvania Dutch) and Anglo-Saxon descent.
- Played 'Thomas Jefferson's wife 'Martha Jefferson' in the film version of the musical _1776 (1972)_ (qv). Her daughter, 'Gwyneth Paltrow' (qv), later portrayed the daughter of Thomas & Martha Jefferson in the film _Jefferson in Paris (1995)_ (qv).
- (1970) Won Tony for "Butterflies Are Free".
- Became a grandmother to Moses Bruce Anthony Martin, child of her daughter 'Gwyneth Paltrow' (qv) and son-in-law 'Chris Martin (XI)' (qv), who was born on 8 April 2006.
- The first actress to be nominated for 3 Emmy awards in the same year (2005).
- Aunt of 'Hillary Danner' (qv).
- Is fluent in German, which she learned from her German grandmother.