Sep. 22nd, 1982
Swindon, Wiltshire, England, UK
Billie Piper's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2005 - Spirit Trap
2004 - The Calcium Kid
1996 - Evita
1996 - The Leading Man
Guest TV Roles
Billie Piper studied at the prestigious Sylvia Young Theatre School. She caught the eyes of record producers who were interested in signing a young vocalist when she was the poster girl for the ad campaign of a British pop music magazine, "Smash Hits". She released her first single, "Because We Want To", which debuted at #1 at age 15. Her second single, "Girlfriend", was also a #1 hit. By the time she turned 16, Billie had released 4 singles that all made the top three on the charts. She has been labeled the "Pop Princess" of England, UK.
- On April 25, 1983, her name was officially changed to Billie Paul Piper, by her parents, Paul Victor Piper and Mandy Kane Kent.
- She has a brother named Charlie, and two sisters, Harley and Ellie.
- She was nominated for two BRIT Awards (the UK equivalent of the Grammys) in 1999, for Best British Newcomer and Best British Female, but lost to 'Belle & Sebastian' (qv) in the former category and 'Des'ree' (qv) in the latter category.
- (2005) Won Best Actress, BBC Drama Awards.
- Her parents only found out by listening to Virgin Radio that she had married Chris Evans in a Las Vegas chapel called Little Church of the West, when she was 18 and he was 34. Billie wore flip-flops and Danny Baker was best man. Billie and Chris took the second most expensive wedding package the chapel offered.
- (2007/08) Nomination for London Newcomer of the Year, for her theatre role in "Treats", Theatregoers' Choice Awards.
- Won the most popular actress award at the 11th annual National Television Awards in London, England on October 25, 2005 for her portrayal of "Rose Tyler". Her _"Doctor Who" (2005)_ (qv) co-star 'Christopher Eccleston' (qv), won for most popular actor.
- (2006) Won Best Actress, Best Exit of the Year for _"Doctor Who" (2005)_ (qv), BBC Drama Awards.