81 (passed away Apr. 29th, 1994)
May. 6th, 1912
New York City, New York, USA
Bill Quinn's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1989 - Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
1983 - Twilight Zone: The Movie
1981 - Bustin' Loose
1981 - Dead & Buried
1968 - The Shakiest Gun in the West
1967 - The Reluctant Astronaut
1965 - Mirage
1965 - Brainstorm
1963 - It Happened at the World's Fair
1963 - The Birds
1962 - Advise & Consent
1960 - From the Terrace
Guest TV Roles
[no bio found]
- Appeared in silent films as a child, billed as Billy Quinn.
- Grandfather of 'Robert William Newhart' (qv), and Bob and Virginia's three other children.
- Bald, skinny, hollow-eyed veteran character actor in hundreds of TV shows, mostly found in bucolic settings with a pipe thrust in his mouth.
- Appeared in recurring roles on several TV shows including _"The Rifleman" (1958)_ (qv), _"McHale's Navy" (1962)_ (qv), _"The Odd Couple" (1970)_ (qv) and _"Archie Bunker's Place" (1979)_ (qv). He also could be glimpsed every once in a while on _"Newhart" (1982)_ (qv). Bill's daughter, Virginia, is married to the show's star, 'Bob Newhart' (qv).
- Longstanding radio performer known for his work on "Mrs. Wiggs of the Cabbage Patch" and the aptly-titled "Just Plain Bill."
- Father-in-law of 'Bob Newhart' (qv): Father of Bob's wife, Virginia Quinn Newhart.
- Bill and 'Nanette Fabray' (qv) occasionally played 'Mary Tyler Moore' (qv)'s parents on her classic 1970s sitcom, _"Mary Tyler Moore" (1970)_ (qv).
- A vaudeville and stage performer, he made his Broadway debut as "Billy Quinn" in "Daddies" at the age of 6.
Related sites for this celeb