Sep. 13th, 1980
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Ben Savage's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2006 - Car Babes
1994 - Clifford
1992 - Big Girls Don't Cry... They Get Even
1989 - Little Monsters
Guest TV Roles
Bennett "Ben" Joseph Savage was born on September 13th, 1980, in Chicago, Illinois. He's the younger brother of Fred Savage, the star of "The Wonder Years" (1988), whom he credits for inspiring him to become an actor. Ben got his start in acting when he appeared in his first commercial at the tender age of 5. From there, his first major speaking role was in the short-lived comedy series, "Dear John" (1988), opposite Judd Hirsch and fellow Chicago-native, Isabella Hofmann. He starred in a handful of made-for-TV movies and other films, most significantly "Wild Palms" (1993), until being cast in the lead role in the series "Boy Meets World" (1993), which catapulted him into stardom. Ben didn't put aside his studies in the course of his acting career, graduating in 2004 from the famed Stanford University with a degree in Political Science. In the summer of 2003, he got an internship with the office of US Senator Arlen Specter (R-PA) and seems to be well on his way to another chapter in his life.
- Member of Sigma Chi fraternity.
- Close friends with 'Matthew Lawrence (I)' (qv).
- Majored in Political Science.
- "Graduated high school in 1998 from Brentwood School in Los Angeles"
- Volunteers for the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation
- In 1998, he won an Ovation Award for Best Actor for his part in the play "Unexpected Tenderness."
- Interned in the office of US Senator Arlen Specter as a requirement for completing his Political Science degree at Stanford University, Palo Alto, California, from where he graduated in 2004.
- He donated many items to 'Rocky Stone (I)' (qv) to be given to less fortunate kids as part of the Toy Mountain Campaign.
Related sites for this celeb