Anthony Michael Hall
Apr. 14th, 1968
West Roxbury, Massachusetts, USA
Anthony Michael Hall's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2008 - The Dark Knight
2002 - All About the Benjamins
2001 - The Caveman's Valentine
2001 - Freddy Got Fingered
2000 - Happy Accidents
1997 - Trojan War
1996 - The Grave
1993 - Six Degrees of Separation
1990 - Edward Scissorhands
1988 - Johnny Be Good
1986 - Out of Bounds
1985 - The Breakfast Club
1985 - Weird Science
1984 - Sixteen Candles
1983 - National Lampoon's Vacation
1982 - Six Pack
Guest TV Roles
Anthony Michael Hall was born in Boston, Massachusetts. His stepfather is a show-business manager and his mother, Mercedes Hall, is an actress-singer. His sister, Mary Christian (I), is also a performer. He started doing TV commercials, and his first major break came when he was cast as the young Steve Allen (I) in Allen's semi-autobiographical play "The Wake." He came to the attention of movie audiences with his performance as the geeky, overbearing yet endearing "Farmer Ted" who talks Molly Ringwald into giving him her underwear in Sixteen Candles (1984). His television credits include the Emmy Award-winning "The Gold Bug," in which he played the young Edgar Allan Poe, as well as the TV movie Rascals and Robbers: The Secret Adventures of Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn (1982) (TV), and specials "The Body Human" and "Orphans, Waifs and Wards." On stage, he appeared in the Lincoln Center Festival's production of "St. Joan of the Microphone."
- Was one of the nine original members of the 1980s "brat pack," along with 'Judd Nelson' (qv), 'Mare Winningham' (qv), 'Andrew McCarthy (I)' (qv), 'Demi Moore' (qv), 'Rob Lowe (I)' (qv), 'Molly Ringwald' (qv), 'Emilio Estevez' (qv), and 'Ally Sheedy' (qv).
- His favorite character he ever played was 'Bill Gates (I)' (qv) in _Pirates of Silicon Valley (1999) (TV)_ (qv). He thought it was fun playing the richest man in the world.
- Ranked #41 in VH1's list of the "100 Greatest Kid Stars"
- Was hired by 'Stanley Kubrick' (qv) to star in _Full Metal Jacket (1987)_ (qv), but was fired after repeatedly complaining about Kubrick's time-consuming, perfectionist directing style. He was replaced with 'Matthew Modine' (qv).
- In _Freddy Got Fingered (2001)_ (qv), Anthony had trouble driving the sports car his character had. Director 'Tom Green (III)' (qv) commented in the DVD of the film that it took several dozen takes to get the two-second shot.
- Briefly dated 'Molly Ringwald' (qv).
- He is a singer, plays drums and composes songs for his band.
- Brother of 'Mary Christian (I)' (qv), who played his on-screen sister in _The Breakfast Club (1985)_ (qv) as well.