Jan. 15th, 1947
Portland, Maine, USA
Andrea Martin's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Breaking Upwards
2006 - Black Christmas
2006 - How to Eat Fried Worms
2006 - The TV Set
2005 - The Producers
2002 - My Big Fat Greek Wedding
2001 - Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius
2001 - Hedwig and the Angry Inch
2001 - Recess: School's Out
2000 - Loser
1998 - The Rugrats Movie
1997 - Wag the Dog
1997 - Anastasia
1996 - Bogus
1991 - Stepping Out
1991 - All I Want For Christmas
1989 - Rude Awakening
1989 - Worth Winning
1987 - InnerSpace
1986 - Club Paradise
1980 - Wholly Moses
1974 - Black Christmas
1964 - It's Not Just You, Murray!
Guest TV Roles
Mad Harriet (Voiced)
Aunt Miriam (Voiced)
Lecture Lady (Voiced)
Ms. Entebee (Voiced)
Mayor Gallagher (Voiced)
[no bio found]
- Former member of Toronto Second City.
- Following college graduation she immediately relocated to New York and landed the role of Lucy in the first national tour of "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown" within a short time. She earned her Equity card and toured with the show for six months.
- Nominated for the 2008 Tony Award (New York City) for Supporting or Features Actress in a Musical for "Young Frankenstein".
- 1992 Tony Award for "My Favorite Year"
- Her former brother-in-law is actor and comic, 'Martin Short (I)' (qv).
- Wrote/Performed in critically acclaimed one-woman show in Los Angeles and New York entitled "Nude, Nude, Totally Nude".
- Performed in children's theatre and summer stock before enrolling in Boston's Emerson College where she majored in theatre and speech.
- Won Broadway's 1992 Tony Award as Best Actress (Featured Role - Musical) for "My Favorite Year." Subsequently, she has twice been nominated in the same category: in 1997 for a reviival of "Candide" and in 2002 for playing Aunt Eller in a revival of "Oklahoma!"