Dec. 19th, 1971
Trenton, New Jersey, USA
Amy Locane's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2002 - Secretary
1999 - The Heist
1997 - Bongwater
1997 - Prefontaine
1996 - Carried Away
1994 - Airheads
1992 - School Ties
1990 - Cry-Baby
Guest TV Roles
Amy Locane was born in Trenton, New Jersey, and raised by her mother. She was ten years old when a local photographer spotted her and sent her picture to an agent in New York. Amy commuted to New York, accompanied by her mother, and auditioned for commercials, often doing her homework on the train. By the time she was 12, she had 50 commercials under her belt and landed her first sitcom, "Spencer" (1984) on NBC, playing Chad Lowe (I)'s younger sister. When she was 16, she won her first role in a film, Lost Angels (1989) in which she starred opposite Donald Sutherland (I) for Oscar-winning director Hugh Hudson. Other films quickly followed, including the cult classic Cry-Baby (1990) starring Johnny Depp and directed by John Waters (I), School Ties (1992) starring Ben Affleck and Matt Damon and Tony Richardson (I)'s Blue Sky (1994), in which she won critical raves playing Jessica Lange's daughter.
When she was 19, Aaron Spelling picked her to be in the original cast of Darren Star's "Melrose Place" (1992). All the other actors were in their mid to late 20s, so it was surprising to some, given her extensive film resume, and not surprising to others, who knew how young she was, that the young Locane was evicted after 13 episodes.
After "Melrose Place" (1992), she looked for edgier roles and found them in the comedy Bongwater (1997), starring Brittany Murphy, Luke Wilson (I) and Jack Black (I), and the critically acclaimed and provocative drama Carried Away (1998), in which she starred with Dennis Hopper. Amy's most recent credits include a supporting role to Maggie Gyllenhaal in the indie smash Secretary (2002). She has recently starred in Mystery Woman (2003) (TV) for the Hallmark Channel. Amy loves acting, fashion and jogging. She currently resides in Los Angeles with her Yorkshire terrier, Joe.
- Has weakness for chocolate chip cookies.
- Daughter, Avery Hope Bovenizer, born 21 January 2009.
- Tested for 'Kim Basinger' (qv)'s role in _L.A. Confidential (1997)_ (qv).
- Tested for the TV series _"Punky Brewster" (1984)_ (qv).
- Best known for her role as Sandy Louise Harling in the original cast of Melrose Place.
- Was a model and commercial actress before becoming a familiar face on such New York-based soaps such as _"One Life to Live" (1968)_ (qv) and _"Loving" (1983)_ (qv).
- Her boyfriend and Paige's father, Mark Bovenizer, is the proprietor of Community Liquors in Princeton, New Jersey and a panel taster for Wine and Spirits Magazine.
- Engaged to Mark Bovenizer (2006).
Related sites for this celeb