Jun. 22nd, 1964
New London, Connecticut, USA
Amy Brenneman's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - Mother and Child
2008 - Downloading Nancy
2007 - 88 Minutes
2007 - The Jane Austen Book Club
2005 - Nine Lives
2003 - Off the Map
1999 - The Suburbans
1998 - Your Friends & Neighbors
1998 - City of Angels
1996 - Fear
1996 - Daylight
1995 - Casper
1995 - Bye Bye Love
1995 - Heat
Guest TV Roles
Officer Janice Licalsi
Dr. Violet Turner
Dorothy Gale (Voiced)
Lauren Simone (Voiced)
Herself - Guest
Amy's mother, a superior court judge, was one of the first women to graduate from Harvard. Her father is an environmental lawyer. Amy is also a graduate of Harvard, where she majored in comparative religion. She spent one semester studying sacred dances in Nepal. While in college, she formed the Cornerstone Theater Company, a touring production company that takes classics to small towns and encourages locals to participate in them. After touring for five years, she moved to New York, where she became a teacher in Brooklyn. She landed her first TV role in 1992.
- One of the founding members of the Cornerstone Theater Company, Inc. in Los Angeles together with her husband 'Brad Silberling' (qv).
- Born to Russell L. Brenneman, an environmental lawyer, and his wife Frederica S. Brenneman, the first female Senior Judge at the Connecticut Supreme Court.
- Gave birth to her second child, a boy, Bodhi Russell Silberling, on 8 June 2005.
- Pro-choice activist.
- Graduated from Harvard University in 1986.
- Has played a character called "Amy" in two different shows and one movie: _"Judging Amy" (1999)_ (qv)and in an episode of _"Murder, She Wrote" (1984)_ (qv) called "A Christmas Secret" (1992), and in the movie _Casper (1995)_.
- Amy has two older brothers. Matthew, a lawyer; and Andrew, an interactive software producer.
- After 'Tyne Daly' (qv) had been her co-star on _"Judging Amy" (1999)_ (qv), Tyne's brother 'Tim Daly (I)' (qv) currently appears with her on _"Private Practice" (2007)_ (qv).