Dec. 3rd, 1985
Allentown, Pennsylvania, USA
5' 3 1/2"
Amanda Seyfried's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - Dear John
2010 - Letters to Juliet
2009 - Jennifer's Body
2009 - Boogie Woogie
2009 - Chloe
2008 - Mamma Mia!
2006 - Alpha Dog
2005 - American Gun
2005 - Nine Lives
2004 - Mean Girls
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Guest
[no bio found]
- Lost the part of "Babydoll" in _Sucker Punch (2011)_ (qv) because she was committed to her HBO show _"Big Love" (2006)_ (qv).
- Beat several actresses for the role of "Sophie" in the film _Mamma Mia! (2008)_ (qv). One of the actresses was fellow co-star 'Rachel McAdams' (qv) who acted alongside Seyfried in the film _Mean Girls (2004)_ (qv). In this film, McAdams beat Seyfried for the role of "Regina George".
- Originally auditioned for the title role on _"Veronica Mars" (2004)_ (qv) but lost the part to 'Kristen Bell (I)' (qv). Instead of playing "Veronica", she was offered the role of "Lilly", Veronica's dead best friend. She was so popular in this role, she was brought back more often than ever expected.
- Auditioned for the lead role of "Kelli" for the horror remake _Black Christmas (2006)_ (qv), but lost out to 'Katie Cassidy' (qv).
- Good friends with _American Gun (2005)_ (qv) co-star 'Nikki Reed (I)' (qv).
- Was considered for the roles of Regina and Cady in _Mean Girls (2004)_ (qv). These roles eventually went to 'Rachel McAdams' (qv) and 'Lindsay Lohan' (qv), respectively.
- While living in Allentown, Pennsylvania, got to see musicals in Manhattan such as Cats and Les Miserables, which is her all-time favorite musical.
- Trained in classical opera for two years and studied under a Broadway voice coach for almost five years.