Aug. 9th, 1958
Winter Park, Florida, USA
Amanda Bearse's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1995 - The Doom Generation
1985 - Fraternity Vacation
1985 - Fright Night
1984 - Protocol
Guest TV Roles
Judge Jodi Corliss
[no bio found]
- Born in Winter Park, Florida, and raised in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Bearse studied acting at New York City's Neighborhood Playhouse under instructor Sanford Meisner.
- Her initial success came with the role on the soap opera _"All My Children" (1970)_ (qv) between 1981 and 1984 playing a role bearing her first name, Amanda (Cousins).
- Attended Young Harris College, a private, Methodist-affiliated liberal arts junior college located in northeast Georgia.
- Her biggest break came in 1987, when she was cast as Al Bundy's next-door neighbor and nemesis, Marcy Rhoades, on the hit sitcom _"Married with Children" (1987)_ (qv).
- Moved to New York where she studied acting with Sanford Meisner. She also studied directing at the American Film Institute and USC in Los Angeles.
- Bearse took up the challenge of television and film directing while appearing on "Married... with Children." Between 1991 and 1997, she helmed over 30 episodes of the show and went on to directed other sitcom episodes ("Reba," "Dharma & Greg", "Veronica's Closet.".
- Openly lesbian since 1993, she lives in Atlanta with her adopted daughter Zoe. Her announcement in Advocate Magazine made big headlines as she became the first primetime actress to "come out.".
Related sites for this celeb