Jan. 1st, 1968
Bournemouth, Dorset, England, UK
Alison Newman's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2006 - Kidulthood
Guest TV Roles
Alison was born in January 1968. She didn't work professionally in the acting business until ten years after she graduated from drama school. During that time, she worked in the music industry, as well as working as a barmaid to make ends meet. Her big break came when she played the evil Renee Williams in "Bad Girls" (1999), but she is best known for her portrayal of Hazel Bailey in "Footballers' Wives" (2002). She is quickly becoming recognised as a versatile and gifted actress with a bright future ahead in the industry.
- Shared a trailer with 'Susie Amy' (qv) (Chardonnay) while filming the second series of _"Footballers' Wives" (2002)_ (qv). She now shares one with Zoe Lucker.
- Has one sister called Sarah
- She was first choice for the role of Hazel in _"Footballers' Wives" (2002)_ (qv) as the show's creators had worked with her for two memorable episodes in _"Bad Girls" (1999)_ (qv).
- Lives with boyfriend, who is 5 years her junior, in London.
- Hair is naturally blonde but she had it dyed red for _"Footballers' Wives" (2002)_ (qv).
- Close friends with _"Footballers' Wives" (2002)_ (qv) co-star 'Zoe Lucker' (qv) who plays on-screen best friend Tanya Turner.
- Her father died while she was filming the second series of _"Footballers' Wives" (2002)_ (qv). The producers released her from some of her last scenes in the series finale so she could be with her family.
Related sites for this celeb