Jul. 22nd, 1947
Beverly Hills, California, USA
Albert Brooks' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2007 - The Simpsons Movie
2003 - The In-Laws
2003 - Finding Nemo
2001 - My First Mister
1999 - The Muse
1998 - Dr. Dolittle
1998 - Out of Sight
1994 - The Scout
1991 - Defending Your Life
1987 - Broadcast News
1985 - Lost in America
1983 - Terms of Endearment
1983 - Twilight Zone: The Movie
1980 - Private Benjamin
1979 - Real Life
1976 - Taxi Driver
Guest TV Roles
Hank Scorpio (Voiced)
Christopher Leacock (segment "Love and Operation Model")
[no bio found]
- A good friend of 'Carrie Fisher' (qv). 'Debbie Reynolds (I)' (qv) used to try to get Carrie (her daughter) and Albert to marry.
- Turned down the lead role in _Big (1988)_ (qv).
- Attended the same High School as 'Angelina Jolie' (qv), 'Michael Klesic' (qv), 'Nicolas Cage' (qv), 'Lenny Kravitz' (qv), 'David Schwimmer (I)' (qv), 'Jonathan Silverman (I)' (qv), 'Gina Gershon' (qv), 'Rhonda Fleming' (qv), 'Jackie Cooper (I)' (qv), 'Rob Reiner' (qv), 'Antonio Sabato Jr.' (qv), 'Pauly Shore' (qv), 'Michael Tolkin' (qv), 'Betty White (I)' (qv), 'Corbin Bernsen' (qv), 'Elizabeth Daily' (qv) and 'Crispin Glover' (qv).
- Turned down the lead in _When Harry Met Sally... (1989)_ (qv) because he thought it was too much like a 'Woody Allen' (qv) script. Albert has been described as a West Coast Woody Allen
- Has starred in two movies where the song "Beyond the Sea" has played over the end credits. _My First Mister (2001)_ (qv) and _Finding Nemo (2003)_ (qv).
- Once performed a humorless, five-minute stand up comedy routine on _"The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson" (1962)_ (qv) that didn't produce a single laugh until the punchline - when he explained to the audience that he had been working as a stand up comic for five years and had run out of material. 'Johnny Carson (I)' (qv) swore the hilarity which followed this set-up lasted a full minute.
- Brooks was romantically linked to singer 'Linda Ronstadt' (qv) and actresses 'Carrie Fisher' (qv), 'Julie Hagerty' (qv) and 'Kathryn Harrold' (qv) before settling down and marrying Kimberly Shlain, an artist.
- Has made six guest appearances on _"The Simpsons" (1989)_ (qv). With one exception, he has played a different character each time, and each time he has been credited as "A. Brooks."