Oct. 3rd, 1954
Brooklyn, New York, USA
Al Sharpton's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Good Hair
2009 - Madea Goes To Jail
2005 - Street Fight
2003 - Tupac: Resurrection
2002 - Mr. Deeds
2000 - Bamboozled
1992 - Malcolm X
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Host
Himself - Guest
Himself (segment "Al Sharpton")
[no bio found]
- Introduced 'Michael Jackson (I)' (qv) at 'James Brown (I)' (qv)'s funeral, telling the crowd: "I don't care what the media says tonight, 'James Brown (I)' (qv) wanted 'Michael Jackson (I)' (qv) with him here today. He said ... 'I love Michael.' He said, 'Tell him don't worry about coming home. They always scandalize those that have the talent." (30 December 2006).
- His ancestors were owned by relatives of the late Senator 'Strom Thurmond' (qv).
- Son of Rev. Alfred Charles Sharpton, Sr. (born in Florida, circa 1926, living in Orlando, Florida, in 2004) and wife Ada (born 1925).
- Of Native American descent specifically Cherokee.
- He is the basis for the character "Reverend Bacon" in the novel and film _The Bonfire of the Vanities (1990)_ (qv).
Related sites for this celeb