May. 22nd, 1974
Columbus, Ohio, USA
A.J. Langer's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1998 - Meet the Deedles
1996 - Escape from L.A.
1993 - Grey Knight
1991 - The People Under the Stairs
Guest TV Roles
A.J. Langer was born in 1974 in Columbus, Ohio. At age five, her family moved to the San Fernando Valley, just outside of Los Angeles. She was introduced to Ernie Lively (I), who became her acting coach. A regular for the series "Drexell's Class" (1991), she also appeared on "Seinfeld" (1990), "Coach" (1989), and "The Wonder Years" (1988). But she gained international fame on the series "My So-Called Life" (1994) as Rayanne Graff.
- Gave birth to a daughter, Joscelyn Skye Courtenay, weighing 7 lbs 14 oz and measuring 21 inches [b. January 31, 2007].
- Began using her initials as her name at age 8, when she played on an all boys baseball team.
- Powderham Castle on River Exe, her new home, was built in 1390. The Courtenays have resided there for over 600 years. Powderham houses a chair used by William of Orange for his first Parliament in 1689, following the "Glorious Revolution".
- The Courtenays took part in the Crusades, were emperors of Constantinople, and fought under King Henry V at Agincourt.
- Her father is a clothing salesman, and her mother runs a company for hearing-aid distribution.
- She married Lord Charles Courtenay in a civil ceremony in April 2005. They celebrated with a formal wedding on April 30, 2005 in Los Angeles, California.
- Her father-in-law is the currently sitting 18th Earl of Devon (circa 2007). As such, AJ is titled Lady Courtenay via her husband Lord Courtenay. When her husband becomes the 19th Earl of Devon, she will correspondingly become the Countess of Devon.
- She had originally auditioned for the starring role of "Angela Chase" on _"My So-Called Life" (1994)_ (qv) but did not get it, so she returned for the audition of "Rayanne Graff".
Related sites for this celeb