The Ice Harvest
- 'The Sweet Cage' is a defunct restaurant 'Harold Ramis (I)' and his family used to eat at when he was a kid. Its flatware and cutlery were used for the upscale restaurant where Vic was eating.
- John Cusack's character's last name, Arglist, translates to "guile" or "deceitfulness" in German.
- Harold Ramis offered a role to Bill Murray but Murray did not return his calls.
- Monica Bellucci was initially signed to play the character of Renata but had to back out due to her pregnancy.
- The tag line "As falls Wichita so falls Wichita Falls" is the title of a Pat Metheny/Lyle Mays album from 1981.
- The name of Lindsay Porter's character 'Gladys' means 'Slippery Ice' in Dutch (glad ijs). Therefore it directly refers to the Dutch expression "Zich op glad ijs begeven" ("Being on slippery ice") which is applied when one finds oneself beyond known conditions and anything might happen.
- The weather got to be so bad during shooting that Harold Ramis was almost forced to close production for a day, which would've ended his perfect record of never losing a shooting day.
- Body Count: 6