Taking Care of Business Trivia
- The car is a 1989 Lotus Esprit, a mid-engined British-built sports car, with a 4 cylinder turbo.
- The Chicago Cubs, the team playing in the World Series in the film had been in the National League playoffs after filming began on this film. They had lost to the San Francisco Giants in 6 games and they have not been to the World Series to this day since 1945 and have not won one since 1908.
- James Belushi is a real life die hard Chicago Cubs fan, who's actually sung "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" on numerous occasions in Wrigley Field in honor of late Cubs announcer, Harry Carey.
- First Baseman Mark Grace and Pitcher Bert Blyleven, who make cameos in the film actually played in the Major Leagues for the Chicago Cubs and California, now Anaheim Angels.
- First film written by J.J. Abrams.
- Joe Torre featured as one of the sports commentators in the film, would become the manager of the New York Yankees, who have won four World Championships under his reign.
- Production title was "Filofax"; however, the word is a registered trademark of the Leeds Filofax Group, and producers could not get permission to use it as the movie's release title.