Shrek Forever After Trivia
- As the head of story, Walt Dohrn would perform all the voices during storyboard meetings. No other actors came close to matching the voice he had come up with for Rumpelstiltskin and so he was cast.
- At the very beginning of the movie, the sign for the trailer park where Rumplestiltskin lives in has the inscription "Abandon all hope ye who enter here", which is what is said to say on the gates of Hell, according to Dante's The Divine Comedy.
- The song "Rumpel's Party Palace", played during the witch rave scene, is a dance remix of "Fugue in G Minor" by Johann Sebastian Bach. Appropriately for the film's subject, this song is known as the "Little Fugue".
- The first Shrek movie in RealD-3D and IMAX 3D.
- The only Shrek film to be presented in the 2.35:1 ratio.
- Rumpelstiltskin appears briefly in Shrek the Third, but looks very different there (wide-brimmed hat, trimmed beard, mustache and sideburns, different facial features) and is voiced by a different actor.