Ride with the Devil Goofs/Mistakes
- Movie Goof (anachronisms): After German boy is told his father was killed, there is a brief scene of a woman standing in a doorway. The door has modern day machine-made lace.
- Movie Goof (anachronisms): In the very last scene, as Holt is riding away you can see three flashes of light in the sky - landing lights from planes circling a nearby airport.
- Movie Goof (continuity error): When Jake is preparing to go to bed after his marriage and is talking with Daniel Holt he removes his left boot three times.
- Movie Goof (anachronisms): Civil-war era skirts did not have even one in-seam pocket, let alone two. Fancy Chatelaines were used to hold purses and other items by the wealthier women, and the poorer classes made do with cloth pockets suspended from a strap that was pinned to the waistband. Flat surface pockets came in after the closing of the civil war.
- Movie Goof (revealing mistake): The revolver aimed by Jake Rudel does not display blank safety wads. It is a well-known fact that black powder filled chambers finished off with the tamped-down ball only, were not safe from cross firing of the adjacent chamber. So it was always minimized by finishing off the chamber with lard or other material that would isolate it thereby minimizing the danger of inadvertent adjacent chamber discharge.
- Movie Goof (revealing mistake): When Jake complains of losing the upper-half of his pinky finger, the brace holding down the top joints of the actor's finger is briefly shown as the camera pulls in on his hand.
- Movie Goof (incorrectly regarded as a mistake): A wooden country revival style "teddy bear" is seen in "Aunt Wilma's" parlor. The distinctive "teddy bear" was created in honor of Teddy Roosevelt, decades later, however toy wooden bears were common items even before the Civil War. The story of "Goldilocks and the Three Bears" was written in 1834, greatly increasing interest in toy bears. Stuffed bear toys started showing up in catalogs as early as 1894, long before Teddy Roosevelt was associated with them.