Midnight Madness Goofs/Mistakes
- Movie Goof (revealing mistake): When Harold types the first clue into the computer, his hand movements over the keyboard don't even come close to matching the words appearing on the screen.
- Movie Goof (continuity error): When entering the hotel, the landlady is handcuffed with her hands in front of her. When they are in the hotel room, her hands are now behind her back.
- Movie Goof (revealing mistake): In Pinball City, there are several mentions of putting quarters into the machines - the yellow team is even shown getting change and putting quarters in the Star Fire game - despite "TOKENS ONLY" signs on all the walls.
- Movie Goof (continuity error): When the five teams start the game, Adam (David Naughton) is wearing plaid, but when he takes off his yellow shirt in the hotel, he's wearing solid tan.
- Movie Goof (plot holes): Leon is clearly frightened when his superintendent threatens to evict him, indicating that he doesn't have a great deal of money. However, he has the resources to (among other things) rig a bank's announcement board, sneak a toy piano exhibit into a museum, pay several workers to arrange a large drawing at a brewery, place a message on a restaurant's announcement board, paint a large sign at a miniature golf course, rent five lockers at an airport, rig a fortune-telling machine and do a complicated reprogramming job on a video-game, and book a room at a midrange hotel.
- Movie Goof (audio/visual unsynchronized): When the green team smashes the plastic beer pitchers together in a toast and they break we hear the sound of glass breaking. Also, the pitcher Dirk Blocker is holding was empty in the previous shot. When was it filled up again?
- Movie Goof (plot holes): The only prize the game players stand to win is bragging rights. The team leaders clearly feel little but contempt for Leon, so it is laughable that any of them would consider winning a game he'd thought up to be worth bragging about.
- Movie Goof (revealing mistake): When Harold's team is finally in the lead en route to the Bonadventure Hotel; Lucille asks Harold to go back for 'Little Harold' to no avail. When Melio and Lucille try and make the projected u-turn, they pull the steering wheel to the right (which would have crashed into a building, not make the u-turn to go back)
- Movie Goof (factual errors): The elevator in the Bonaventure Hotel shows buttons for 51 floors. The Bonaventure has only 35 stories.