How to Eat Fried Worms Trivia
- Most of the days the movie were shot were at 95-100 Fahrenheit, and most of the cast and crew were hot and sweaty. Because of this, at the end of the day, everybody would swim in the water hole, which was used in the last half of the movie.
- Hallie Kate Eisenberg had to learn archery before filming began.
- On the very first day of shooting, while the boys (minus Luke Benward) were trying out their new bikes, Philip Bolden accidentally hit the back tire of Austin Rogers' bike and crashed, hitting his mouth on the curb and breaking his front teeth. His teeth had to be replaced. The accident left marks on his face that the makeup crew attempted to cover, but are still visible on camera. As the marks healed, they had to be drawn in to maintain continuity.
- The scene where Billy and Erika are at Erika's house when she's doing archery was the first scene filmed.
- The pajamas Twitch wore towards the end of the movie were specially made for him and Alexander Gould was allowed to keep them afterward.
- On 9 July 2005 there was a call for extras. The casting crew and the Holiday Inn that hosted the call only expected 200-400 people to show up. Instead 4,000 people arrived.
- Erika's house was the same house used for the scene Joe and Nigel were talking in at the beginning of the movie.
- According to Club House magazine, Luke Benward almost did not make the part. Because of traffic, a train and becoming lost, Luke and his mother arrived 20 minutes after FedEx had closed. Fortunately, a benevolent employee agreed to mail the audition tape. After Luke got the part as Billy, Luke and his mother returned to FedEx to thank and give roses to the kind employee.
- Luke Benward's favorite worm to eat was The Greasy Brown Toad Bloater Special.