Horton Hears a Who! Goofs/Mistakes
- Movie Goof (continuity error): In the scene where we first see Jo-jo, the narrator introduced him as "the smallest who of all." But seconds later one of his little sisters appears in the same shot and she is clearly smaller than he is.
- Movie Goof (factual errors): In order to save the spec of dust, Horton quickly sucks up some water from the pond and swallows it. However elephants can't drink through their noses. They use them to squirt water into their mouths when they're thirsty.
- Movie Goof (plot holes): When the mayor is telling Horton about his family, he says "I have a beautiful wife, ninety-six daughters and one son." He doesn't mention his son's name. Yet later in the movie, Horton says "The mayor has one son named Jo-Jo." Unless he and the mayor have another conversation in the movie that we don't see, Horton couldn't have known Jo-Jo's name.
- Movie Goof (continuity error): At breakfast, when it's Jojo's turn with his dad, 12 seconds start on the clock, but when the mayor starts showing Jojo all the perks about being mayor, the clock goes back to 12 seconds left when it should be at 5 seconds left.
- Movie Goof (incorrectly regarded as a mistake): The mayor explains to his son that the family has been in Whoville for centuries. A few scenes later we learn that the city is planning their centennial. Actually they are celebrating their one hundred years of happiness and peace, so his family could have been there for centuries.