Happily N'Ever After Trivia
- Most of the backgrounds in the film are not animated, but are actually paintings.
- All the actors except Wallace Shawn and George Carlin voiced their parts in Los Angeles, California. Carlin voiced his roll in Las Vegas over the phone, and Shawn voiced his role from New York. For this reason, Andy Dick, whose character shares scenes with Shawn's character throughout the film, would impersonate Shawn's part while doing his.
- The original actor who was to play Rumplestiltskin, died during the making of the film and was replaced with Michael McShane.
- Was originally planned as a traditionally animated film.
- This is Sarah Michelle Gellar's and husband Freddie Prinze Jr.'s fifth film together. They recorded many of their scenes in the same studio, which is rare for full length animated films.
- George Carlin's final film.
- According to director Paul Bolger, Ella's dress was meant to be a muted version of the Irish flag: green, white, and orange/gold, to represent his Irish heritage.