- Nat and Felix are playing the video game F-Zero just before Daniel comes in.
- J.J. Abrams' script was sold for $2 million under its original title of "The Rest of Daniel".
- The B-25J seen in this film is known as "Photo Fanny" and is located at the Planes of Fame Museum in Chino, California.
- When Daniel is making phone calls to locate his friend, the phone number that he leaves on the answering machine is 555-2368. That phone number is the same as the one used in Ghostbusters in their TV commercials. This phone number was also the phone number used in When a Stranger Calls; Carol Kane's character Jill Johnson gives Police Sargent Saggert a phone number of where she is babysitting. The above number: 555-2368, was the number she gave to the Sargent when she was speaking to him on the phone.
- The phone number Daniel says is also seen on Jim Rockford's phone in the opening title sequence of The Rockford Files