For Your Consideration Trivia
- In a bit of life imitating art, 'Catherine OHara received a large amount of Oscar buzz for her performance in this movie. She was nominated for and won several precursor awards, and many awards experts predicted she would receive an Oscar nomination for Best Supporting Actress. Like her character in the movie, O'Hara failed to be nominated.
- For her character's apparent face lift in the latter half of the film, 'Catherine O'Hara (I)' simply maintained a stretched face during takes, using no makeup nor additional aids to achieve it.
- Joe Satriani makes a cameo appearance as the guitarist for the band in the "late night"-type show.
- As is with all other Christopher Guest films, very little of the movie has a detailed script. Guest generally writes an outline so that the actors know what needs to happen in the scene, does a maximum of two or three takes, and has no rehearsals prior to filming.
- 'For Your Consideration' features a cameo by John Krasinski, known as Jim Halpert on the NBC sitcom The Office. British comedian Ricky Gervais, also known as David Brent on the BBC version of The Office (UK), appears in the film as Martin Gibb.
- The movie 'Catherine OHara is watching on television in the beginning of this film is Jezebel starring Bette Davis. She follows along with the dialogue suggesting she is very familiar with the movie. The dialogue is also repeated at the end of the film when O'Hara is teaching the acting students.