All the King's Men Trivia
- The film was a commercial failure, despite its strong cast, direction, and production team. Few critics endorsed it, despite garnering strong Oscar buzz before its initial opening.
- On Ebert & Roeper, it was ranked as #1 on Worst Movies of 2006.
- Meryl Streep was originally cast as Sadie Burke, but had to back out due to schedule conflicts.
- Voted #1 by Forbes magazine as the biggest flop in the years spanning 2005-2009. The movie lost US$46 million (when subtracting box office from the movie's cost).
- Writer/director Steven Zaillian never saw the original film, and adapted the screenplay solely from Robert Penn Warren's novel.
- With the film originally slated to be released in the winter of 2005, it was suddenly delayed almost a year.
- SPOILER: In the last ten minutes of the film, a few moments before Willie is shot, Willie is about to go speak to the press, accompanied by Sugar. They get in the elevator and as the elevator goes down (and the film temporarily turns black and white), the camera passes over a seal on the wall between floors. The seal is of Huey P. Long.