GUIDE: Uploading an Episode Image to ShareTV
The following outlines Image Requirements and Tips for Episode Image Uploading and how to upload the image.
It is NOT a Guide to how to crop, enhance, or resize an image.
If you still need help after reading this Guide please ask a Moderator.
Note. All images should be of a good quality, not fuzzy, not stretched, not dark and not over bright, and of the correct ratio and size (as below).
If in the opinion of a Moderator an image is sub-standard for any reason they are empowered to correct or replace it WITHOUT reference to you.
However a Moderator may request you to do the correction.
Please report any bad image you find to a Moderator who may ask the original uploader to correct or replace or may do it themselves.
Before Uploading you should comply with the following
01. Image should be representative of the Episode itself.
01.a. Image should depict an easily recognisable scene from the Episode.
01.b. The Episode Title Page screenshot may be used if it complies with 01.a. and all other Episode Images are of the same style.
It may not be used if the same scene is beneath the title on every (or most) episode(s).
02. Images MUST be of a consistent ratio preferably 4:3 or 16:9.
These equate to a Maximum Display size of 400px X 300px or 400px x 225px
02.a. Larger images than this will be reduced automatically to comply with the 400px maximum width.
02.b. The height should be over 200px. subject to 03. below
03. It MUST BE of the same size as all other Episode images in the Season and preferably for the whole show.
04. Images should NOT contain any of the following
04.a. Names of Other Sites or any URL.
04.b. Edging in any color.
04.c. Visible anti-ripping markings.
05. Images should be in the same color format as originally aired.
06. When cropping please use a calculator to be sure that the width and height are ALWAYS in the same ratio.
07. Images MUST be in Jpeg or GIF Format.
(other formats will be rejected)
08. When you have an image on your PC which complies with the above you are ready to upload.
(subject to your points status).
08.a. Find the Show Profile Page.
08.b. Click on Episodes in the yellow Show Menu bar.
(top of page for the show not the site)
08.c. The Episode listing by seasons is displayed.
08.d. Find the blue episode title you wish to image and click on it.
(note a green tick indicates already imaged)
08.e. Episode page opens.
08.f. Click [edit page] (top right)
08.g. The episode edit page is displayed.
08.h. Scroll down to Episode Screenshot blank image which says "no image available"
08.i. Below this Click on [upload new image]
08.j. Upload window opens
08.k. Click on "Browse"
08.l. Navigate in your PC to the folder containing the image
08.m. Highlight the image and click open
......Or double click the image. (either should work)
08.n. Uploading is now automatic.
08.o. Check dimensions shown when image appears.
09. Be aware ONLY MODERATORS MAY OVERWRITE an existing Image.
So be sure the image is needed before embarking on the above.
10. If the Episode you wish to image is not listed please contact a Moderator immediately.
ShareTV thanks you for your assistance in imaging the Database.
> 2 years ago