GUIDE: Uploading a Character Image to ShareTV
The following outlines Image Requirements and Tips for Character Image Uploading and how to upload the image.
It is NOT a Guide to how to crop, enhance, or resize an image.
If you still need help after reading this Guide please ask a Moderator.
IMPORTANT After cropping use 'save as' so that you keep the full/large image of the character it will be needed.
See GUIDE: Uploading a Large Character Image to ShareTV
Note. All images should be of a good quality, not fuzzy, not stretched, not dark and not over bright, and of the correct ratio (as below).
If in the opinion of a Moderator an image is sub-standard for any reason they are empowered to correct or replace it WITHOUT reference to you.
However a Moderator may request you to do the correction.
Please report any bad image you find to a Moderator who may ask the original uploader to correct or replace or may do it themselves.
Before Uploading you should comply with the following
01. Image should be representative of the character as they appear in the show itself.
01.a. Only in exceptional circumstances will a picture of the actor themselves be allowed.
02. Images MUST be 1:1 ratio.(see 08.h. below for an online cropping tool)
Display size is 85px X 85px
Images uploaded MUST be at least of this size and ratio. Out of ratio or smaller images WILL BE DISTORTED.
02.a. It is recommended that images be at least 150px x 150px so that the system will "compact" the image and thus make it sharper.
02.b. Smaller images (still above 85 x 85) should be of a very high quality.
03. Images should NOT contain any of the following
03.a. Names of Other Sites or any URL.
03.b. Visible anti-ripping markings.
04.c. Wording of any sort.
04. Images should be in color except where the show aired in black/white throughout its run in which case the image should be B/w.
04.a. Only in exceptional circumstances will mixed color and b/w images be allowed.
Ask a Moderator's permission before proceeding if you wish to do this.
05. In most cases it is insuffucient to copy/download a Google image as the copy you get will be smaller than the size numbers displayed by Google. You should go to the original site and rip the image from there.
06. Images should be of the Head only so that the fsce may be easily seen.
07. Images MUST be in Jpeg or GIF Format (see 08.h. below)
(other formats will be rejected)
08. When you have an image(s) on your PC which complies with the above you are ready to upload.
(subject to your points status).
08.a. Find the Show Profile Page.
08.b. Click on [Edit Page].(top right)
08.c. The Main Edit Page is revealed.
08.d. Click on Edit Images
08.e. Edit Images page opens
08.f. Move to the appropriate blank character silhouette
08.g. Click on the silhouette
08.h. Upload window opens
(Some of this Guide is repeated there. Also there are links to tools for cropping and converting file format if you do not have your own program for image manipulation)
08.i. Click on "Browse"
08.j. Navigate in your PC to the folder containing the image
08.k. Highlight the character image you have and click open
......Or double click the image. (either should work)
08.l. A URL now appears under the silhouette in the upload box
08.j. Click on Upload
08.k. Wait for image to appear and use close upload window.
08.l. You will also see that the silhoutte is replaced by your image.
08.m. Upload the Large image you kept
See the GUIDE: Uploading a Large Character Image to ShareTV (see Important note above)
09. Be aware ONLY MODERATORS MAY OVERWRITE an existing Image.
So be sure the character image is not yet present before embarking on the above.
10. If you wish to image a character that is not catered for with a silhouette
See FAQ. How do I get a Character added to the cast listed for a Show?
ShareTV thanks you for your assistance in imaging the Database.
> 2 years ago