GUIDE: Uploading a Celebrity/People Image to ShareTV
The following outlines Image Requirements and Tips for Celebrity/People Image Uploading and how to upload your image.
It is NOT a Guide to how to crop, enhance, or resize an image.
If you still need help after reading this Guide please ask a Moderator.
Note. All images should be of a good quality, not fuzzy, not stretched, not dark and not over bright, and of the correct ratio (as below).
If in the opinion of a Moderator an image is sub-standard for any reason they are empowered to correct or replace it WITHOUT reference to you.
However a Moderator may request you to do the correction.
Please report any bad image you find to a Moderator who may ask the original uploader to correct or replace or may do it themselves.
Before Uploading you should comply with the following
01. Images should NOT be of the actor whilst in character.
"As Themselves" appearances may be alright. e.g. Talk Shows.
01.a. Images should be mostly of the face if at all possible.
01.b. Frontal images are preferred.
02. Images MUST be 3:4 ratio. Display size is a maximum of 195px X 260px
02.a. Larger images than this will be reduced automatically to this size as long as they are in 3:4 ratio when uploaded.
02.b. Please do not use smaller images as this is easily seen and ruins the look of our Database. It should not be too difficult to find full size images.
03. Images should NOT contain any of the following
03.a. Names of Networks, Other Sites or any URL.
03.b. The Celebrities name.
03.c. Edging in any color.
03.d. Visible anti-ripping markings.
04. Where actors have appeared in color productions the Celebrity image should also be in color.
04.a. Except for unseen Narrators and Voice actors and then only when a color image is not available.
05. In most cases it is insuffucient to copy/download the Google image as the copy you get will be smaller than the size numbers displayed by Google. You should go to the original site and rip the image from there.
06. In general it is best to get the biggest image possible (up to 600x800). and crop it to 3:4 ratio (after removal of any extraneous background) and let our system reduce it.
This "compacts" the image and tends to make the image sharper.
07. When cropping please use a calculator to be sure that the width is exactly 75% of the height.
08. Images MUST be in the Jpeg or GIF Formats.
(other formats will be rejected)
09. When you have an image on your PC which complies with the above you are ready to upload.
(subject to your points status).
09.a. Find the Celebrity Page.
09.b. Click on [Edit This Page].(top right)
09.c. Edit Page is revealed
09.d. Click on [upload new image]
09.e. Uploading Window opens
09.f. Click on Browse
09.g. Navigate in your PC to the folder containing the image
09.h. Highlight the image and click open
......Or double click the image. (either should work)
09.i. Uploading is now automatic.
09.j. Check dimensions shown when image appears.
10. Be aware ONLY MODERATORS MAY OVERWRITE an existing Image.
So be sure the image is needed before embarking on the above.
ShareTV thanks you for your assistance in imaging the Database.
> 2 years ago